20.8.14

Minnie and Moskowitz, 1971, John Cassavetes



Minnie: You know I think that movies are a conspiracy? I mean it. I mean it, they are actually a conspiracy because they set you up, Florence. They set you up from the time you are a little kid. They set you up to believe in everything. They set you up to believe in ideals and strength and good guys an romance and... and of course, love. Love, Florence.

Florence: Love?

Minnie: So... you believe it, right? You go out, you start looking. Doesn't happen, you keep looking. You get a job, like us, and you spend a lot of time fixing up things - your apartment and jazz. And... you learn how to be feminine, you know, quotes "feminine". You learn how to cook... But there's no Charles Boyer in my life, Florence. I never even met a Charles Boyer. I never met Clark Gable, I never met Humphrey Bogart, I never met any of them. They don't exist Florence, that's the truth. But the movies set you up, you know? They set you up and no matter how bright you are, you believe it. And Florence, you know that we're bright?


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário